Apply Theme Based on Affiliate

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I am fairly new to nopCommerce and have a customer who is looking to co-brand their store with some of their affiliates. So for example if someone enters the site via a link from "affiliate a" the "affiliate a" theme is applied to the site and so and so forth for a few other affilaites.

How feasible is this? Any ideas, gotchas or considerations would be appreciated.

Thanks, Simon
13 years ago
Hi Simon,
This wouldn't be too bad to implement at all as I am currently working on something similar.
The basic steps I would take to do this is:
1) Get the affiliates to link to the site normally using a querystring with their unique AffiliateId on it, i.e. www.yourstore.com?ai=123.
2) On each page (using the basenopfrontendpage.cs code) check for this querystring. If it exists, put the affliate ID in a cookie.
4) Extend nopCommerce to match up the affiliate ID's to theme names (and build a admin control section for this)
5) On each page load, check for the cookie. If its there, get the affiliateid and theme from the database and apply it to the site.

Hope this helps,

Chris
13 years ago
Thanks for the tips Chris, I will investigate this further.

Simon
12 years ago
is there any easy way to automatically append an affiliate id to a second site without specifically programming it?  I created a subdomain affiliate site but haven't come up with an easy way to just tag it with the affiliate id for their affiliate account.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.