Email confirmation problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello everyone,

I've been creating buyer accounts in my NopCommerce 1.90 installation, using WWW.MAILINATOR.COM to avoid the hassle with managing email adresses for test accounts, and receive Account Creation Confirmation (Customer.WelcomeMessage -Templates) emails that look like this:

Inbox for: klaus
Subject:  Willkommen! Production Lounge Webshop

The sender email, as maintained in Configuration -> Email Accounts is a different, real email adress that works, and is also successfully included in the message body as %Store.Email%. I can not explain why the "From" section would be this weird email adress that I never entered!

I just found that it works fine if I use a real email adress, so it seems to be fine, maybe some quirk on mailinator.com.

However I want to make sure that I am not missing anything and I guess I just might report this as well.

Uwe
13 years ago
schmidt20 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've been creating buyer accounts in my NopCommerce 1.90 installation, using WWW.MAILINATOR.COM to avoid the hassle with managing email adresses for test accounts, and receive Account Creation Confirmation (Customer.WelcomeMessage -Templates) emails that look like this:

Inbox for: klaus
Subject:  Willkommen! Production Lounge Webshop

The sender email, as maintained in Configuration -> Email Accounts is a different, real email adress that works, and is also successfully included in the message body as %Store.Email%. I can not explain why the "From" section would be this weird email adress that I never entered!

I just found that it works fine if I use a real email adress, so it seems to be fine, maybe some quirk on mailinator.com.

However I want to make sure that I am not missing anything and I guess I just might report this as well.

Uwe

Have you looked at the email source view? (shows where email originated from/ how it traveled/ etc)

It may show your actual email in there but your email client is showing the box it actually came from - yea, it looks like it would be mailinator.com causing that.

The email source view should shed some light onto what's happening with the message.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.