[4.30] Local Plugin Development Set up

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
I'm trying to set up a local environment to test my Plugin development on version 4.3.  

I can run the website locally no problem

I can see my custom plugin in the list of plugins

However, when I try to install the plugin, and I have to restart my application, it won't install.  

I have tried with the default plugins that come with nopCommerce out of the box, specifically the Fixed Rate plugin.  I've looked around and can't seem to find any tutorials.  

I feel like there's something I'm missing something.  Any direction on how to set up a local env for Plugin Development would be much appreciated!
3 years ago
I've looked at the Logs table in the database, and I can see I'm getting errors when trying to install.  I will debug through that route.
3 years ago
Ok, so I figured out my problem.  

In the Logs table I was getting an error along the lines of

"System.FormatException: String '' was not recognized as a valid DateTime."

Comparing my plugin to some of the default plugins I realized I did not have a value on the annottion of the SchemaMigration.cs file.  For example my file looked like below:

[NopMigration("", "Nop.Plugin.MyPlugn base schema")]
    public class SchemaMigration : AutoReversingMigration
    {
           //My code
    }

When it should have been:

[NopMigration("2020/07/15 08:40:55:1687541", "Nop.Plugin.MyPlugn base schema")]
    public class SchemaMigration : AutoReversingMigration
    {
           //My code
    }
3 years ago
Thank You! The same problem. Solved.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.