Packaging NopCommerce Theme to give away?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi Guys,

I would like to offer a nop commerce 1.9 theme for free soon and I have a question:

The App_Themes folder is fine for the CSS parts etc, but I have made changes to some of the Master pages, modules etc. How do I bundle these changes into my theme to give to people?
13 years ago
In this case simply include modified files (e.g. master pages) into your package. It would be helpful if you could add readme.txt file to inform other people that you also changed several files outside App_Theme directory
13 years ago
Thanks.

And when NopCommerce gets updated to say v2.0+ - This method won't break anything?
13 years ago
Yes, it might. You will  need to check all changes in the changed files. This might also include the CSS files, since a new version of nop might have new or updated items in the CSS file.

When you change code in files, make sure you mark them accordingly, so it is easier to change on a new release.
13 years ago
Thanks, in future releases can this be changed to a more portble way like wordpress?

As in all of the template files, markup and css are in one folder?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.