Different Tax for each province

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

We charge/collect tax ONLY for within Canada.  The rates are different for each province.

If a customer is in Canada, their purchase needs a specific tax rate for that province they are in.

If they do not live in Canada, then we do not collect tax.

How can I implement that in nopCommerce?

I can choose a "default location" but definitely do not want to collect tax outside of Canada.

Thanks

David
13 years ago
Have you tried the tax provider: "Tax By Country & State" (Administration > Configuration > Tax > Tax Providers)? It allows you to specify the tax rate for a country and state/province. Note that you will need to also set a tax class (create at: Administration > Configuration > Tax > Tax Classes) for your product variants (called "Tax category:" in product variant details).

You can set on which address (shipping or billing) the tax rate is determined so that only Canadian customers will be charged tax; on the page at Administration > Configuration > Tax > Tax Settings. On the same page, leave the "Default Country", "Default State / Province:", and "Default Zip / Postal code:" unset so that non-Canadian customers don't see tax estimates until they set a shipping or billing addresses.

13 years ago
mb wrote:
Have you tried the tax provider: "Tax By Country & State" (Administration > Configuration > Tax > Tax Providers)? It allows you to specify the tax rate for a country and state/province. Note that you will need to also set a tax class (create at: Administration > Configuration > Tax > Tax Classes) for your product variants (called "Tax category:" in product variant details).

You can set on which address (shipping or billing) the tax rate is determined so that only Canadian customers will be charged tax; on the page at Administration > Configuration > Tax > Tax Settings. On the same page, leave the "Default Country", "Default State / Province:", and "Default Zip / Postal code:" unset so that non-Canadian customers don't see tax estimates until they set a shipping or billing addresses.

Thanks for the info.  I will look some more at that section.  You've been quite helpful.  I need to specify 12 different tax rates, one for each province.

Regarding tax for people outside of Canada, we don't want any tax calculated or charged to anyone outside of Canada. I will need to find out how to turn "off" tax for anyone outside of Canada.

Any ideas on that?  (and thanks again for your kind assistance)
13 years ago
If a customer's address doesn't match an entry you create (tax provider: "Tax By Country & State") then they won't be charged tax.

13 years ago
mb wrote:
If a customer's address doesn't match an entry you create (tax provider: "Tax By Country & State") then they won't be charged tax.

Hi,

That worked!

I must say, that the many experienced nopUsers on here have been very helpful.

Coming from a asp.net 1.4 enterprise level shopping cart system, it's been fun getting to integrate ajax, and many other more up-to-date things, and I've found nopCommerce to be very flexible.

I appreciate your help  : )

David
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.