I have a weird and wonderful problem. I recently moved from 1.70 to 1.90 and am now faced with a problem that only occurs on my mac desktop (running OSX10.6.6).

When logging in as administrator I get the normal Home page with the Administration link showing. However, when I click on this link I am not taken to the dashboard but to a separate log-in screen asking for my credentials - again. When I complete these I am taken to the dashboard but...the site behaves erratically from then on.

For example, I can do most things but screens look different sometimes and links don't work such as the page number links jumping to a different page in the Category section. Also, tabs are shown as one line of text without the underlying links.

This problem only occurs when I use Safari, Firefox or Chrome as my browser. It does not occur when using Opera (obviously all on the same mac desktop). All browsers have been newly installed and no viruses are present.

The problem also occurs using different routers and different broadband providers.

The weird thing is that the problem does not occur on my iMac running the exact same operating system and browsers as my mac desktop nor does it occur on my ipad (version 4) running Safari. It also does not occur on any PC platform irrespective of the browser used.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?