Full Description Truncation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I just upgraded from 1.80 to 1.90.   I noticed that all of the Full Descriptions were truncated.  This happened once before and I am unsure if I noticed it after a 1.50 to 1.80 upgrade.  The upgrade may not be the cause.

My products are singe variant, so I used the Full Description on the Product Details Page, not the Description on the Variant page.

Any comments

TIA
13 years ago
do you know for sure / are you able to check to see if the descriptions were intact before the upgrade ?

what process did you use to upgrade? ie did you run auto install, or did you do it some other way?
13 years ago
I cannot say for sure that they were intact before the upgrade, but I do know they were there.  I used the standard upgrade script.

Since all of the descriptions were truncated it had to be one of two actions.  The upgrade or an export/import to/from Excel 2007.  Those are the only two actions I performed that was on the entire database.

Over the next couple of days I will create a test 1.80 system and do an upgrade to 1.90.  I will post the results.

Thanks
13 years ago
i expect it was truncated by excel exoprt ( I think the issue was fixed by v1.9)

You don't need to export your products before an upgrade - the existing database is updated leaving your data intact

if you have a backup of your database, you should probably reinstate that then just run the upgrade script over it before connecting your new store version to it
13 years ago
Fixed in 1.9 that would explain why export/import works now.  I use export/import for multiple price changes.

Regardless, I will keep a check on descriptions and see if I can identify the problem.  For now I will assume it was fixed.

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.