How to migrate database

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello,

I just migrated my nopcommerce installation from godaddy to a local (Greek) hosting provider (tophost.gr). I simply downloaded everything from godaddy to my pc and then uploaded them to tophost. I also changed DNS configuration for the domain at godaddy, where I have registered it.

Store seems to work fine on the new infrastructure. Moreover, i backed-up/restored the DB from godaddy to tophost. Still, I cannot find a way to re-configure nopcommerce to use the new instance of the DB. It still uses the one installed at godaddy. I double checked, by doing some modifications on users. The changes reflect to godaddy db instance instead of tophost

Could you please help me on this? Please note that my store is not yet live. Furthermore, I tried to run /install/install.apsx but it redirects my to the store front page.

Thank you in advance for your help.
13 years ago
... but of course a search on the downloaded files from godaddy using the server name of godaddy, helped me to refresh my mem. It is ConnectionStrings file that needed to be altered.
Sorry for the ... false alarm.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.