Extending the Search Facility

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
There is a similar question already posted, but nobody has replied to it.  So, I thought I would raise a new topic question in the hope that someone can answer both my question, and the other post.  Does anyone know why searching on a manufacturer number doesn't return any records, and if there is a way of amending the search to include Manufacturer Part Number?  I would ideally also like to extend it to search in Variant Attibutes.?  My store has a lot of potential variations (e.g. colour, size) and the manufacturer number changes accordingly.  I've included the specific manufacturer part number as part of the product variant attributes in these cases, but entering a search term of the part number won't return any records where the part number is part of the Product Variant Attribute.  Maybe it wasn't such a clever idea to do it this way, but from a customer perspective, it seemed like a good idea.
13 years ago
I've no idea (until I go and look) how the search works, but I would imagine it just checks a load of pre-defined fields for the value you enter.

It is likely that, to extend this functionality, you just need to add the tables and fields that you want adding to the search locations, to the stored proc that does the work.

In theory, anyway... :)
13 years ago
Hi, I think I might be able to answer part of my own question.  By entering the Manufacturer Part Number in the SKU field, the search facility will return the record from a Search.  I still haven't figured out a way around getting a Search for the manufacturer number to return the record where it's an integral part of a Product Variant Attribute, so any other suggestions in that regard would be great.
13 years ago
Cuurent search engine is capable of searching products by SKU# but not MPN

In order to search products by MPN just alter the stored procedure Nop_ProductLoadAllPaged

Here is the solution: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/7250/how-to-search-product-by-manufacturer-part-number.aspx?p=2
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.