NopCommerce - Arvixe - DB Deployment - Permission issues?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I'm close.. but not there yet..

I deployed the software to my Arvixe site...
placed it in a subdirectory '/thisisatest'....
Created a virtual directory that points to this path....
Removed the references to the connectionstrings to my deployed web.config...

Webbrowsed to my site.
Recieved the installation wizard.. followed wizard... That seemed to work...
Connected as the admin and then went to the admin pages...
Went to the Maitenance tab.
Selected "Back Up Database"
It fails.

The error (from the log) says:
Cannot open backup device 'C:\HostingSpaces\xxxxx\xxxxxx.com\wwwroot\thisisatest\Administration\backups\database_2011-02-08-23-45-51_2637.bak'. Operating system error 5(Access is denied.). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

I assume I'm missing someting obvious.  How would I give NETWORK_SERVICE permission to read/write to my directories?   I did check "Enable Write Permissions" and "Enable Parent Paths" checked on my virtual directory.  (But I'm not sure to whom I gave permissions to.)

Anyone know what I am missing?

Thanks
Rob
13 years ago
I know that you are talking about the Database etc., but Arvixe provides NopCommerce and a bunch of other programmes as auto- installations, have you tried that instead of initially deploying it yourself? It just might be that whatever you were missing will magically be set up correctly.
13 years ago
HII

set proper permission for the folder "administration\backups" in ur store folder and then try it will work perfect

regards
kutub
13 years ago
kutbinahar wrote:
HII

set proper permission for the folder "administration\backups" in ur store folder and then try it will work perfect

regards
kutub

I had the same problem but now it is solved
It was so simple! Thank you!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.