Assembly Reference Errors on Install of nopCommerce 1.90

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I have installed nopCommerce 1.90 locally and cannot get a clean build. The errors are as follows, and repeat themselves for 'BusinessLogic', 'Payment', 'Common', 'PaymentInfo', 'ManufacturerTemplate', 'ForumGroup', 'ProductTemplate', etc.

"The type or namespace name 'BusinessLogic' does not exist in the namespace 'NopSolutions.NopCommerce' (are you missing an assembly reference?)"

Please let me know if you have any insight into this. I am new to Visual Studio so I'm sure I'm missing something that is fairly basic.

Thanks so much!
Jenny
13 years ago
i too am having the same problem.
Ive managed to get the site to "run" by viewing in internet explorer and manually creating the connection strings etc. however VS2010 will not compile (in either debug or release).

any solutions out there?

an example of the errors (of which there are thousands):

Error  1905  The type or namespace name 'BusinessLogic' does not exist in the namespace 'NopSolutions.NopCommerce' (are you missing an assembly reference?)  C:\wwwRoot\nopCommerce\Administration\Modules\Orders.ascx.cs  28  32  NopCommerceStore

NOTE: this was "installed" using the windows installer; rather than just a source download.
cheers
peteB
13 years ago
If you have an IDE, look at the references. You may be missing the references of dlls - may be the dlls in wrong place.
13 years ago
ok; seems like my problems are solved. looking back at the logs when I did the automatic install using the MS platform installer I see it finished with an error code 50 and seems to have failed to copy "some" of the files.

So having downloaded the source code and extracted. I then manually set up the site in WebMatrix and manually configured my connection string. having done that the site works (as it did) however I now have a proper solution which I can open in vs2010 and compiles ok.

My "platform installatioN" left me with *just* the commerce site and didnt have the parent folders: dependencies, libraries, payment, promotionProviders, Shipping or Tax. It was also missing the NopCommerce.sln
(essentially all I had was the NopCommerceStore folder).

anyway, problem solved. Not quite sure why I had problems with the platform install; but its now working and I am "off an away! "

many thanks for your help, and hopefully my blurb above helps others with similar issues.
cheers
peteB
13 years ago
"If you have an IDE, look at the references. You may be missing the references of dlls - may be the dlls in wrong place. "

How do I check or know if the dlls are in the wrong place in Visual Studio 2010? Should I check what is being included in the build? Not sure how to check that either. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.