Page Not Found template

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
How can I design/create a specific page for cases that page is not found or user tried unavailable pages? or does NOPCommerce has such feature?

Currently when I enter a URL as www.mydomain.com/abcdedfgh  I do get:

Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /aaaa/default.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

In fact, I like to have a page for such situations so user can see a unified page with an entry to report an error.

Thanks
13 years ago
If you are running your own server with IIS you can change the page that will display for error code 404. nopCommerce comes with an HTML file (ErrorPage.htm) which can be modified to  your needs. Also, you could set the error to redirect to your homepage.

If you are using a hosting service that has their own ecommerce solution I would contact them to see if you are able to modify the page that is displayed on error 404.
13 years ago
I'm using my own server so I think base on your comment I can change the ErrorPage.html file.

Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.