Get (simpel) "syntax" errors from the standard web.config file when run at new provider (1.9)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Guys, I have new hosting provider and there is some good news and bad news:

Good news:
- The nopCommerce database on the SQL Server 2008 server at the new hosting provider runs fine.
- The nopCommerce application runs fine on my local machine with a connectionstring to the hosted database.

But the bad news is:
- If I transfer the nopCommerce application (all files) to the www-root of the provider I get errors from the web.config file.

I have used "Publish Website" from VS2010 and I have installed the (non-source/compiled) nopCommerce files directly from the .rar file to the provider. Both situations with the same result:

First message:

[Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.
Source Error: Line 28: <compilation debug="false" targetFramework="4.0">

When I take this optional "targetFramework" out then I get a similar error on another line in the web.config: "Unrecognized attribute"

Is this some IIS-setting that is not compatible with the web.config file of 1.9?

Help or hints are more than welcome. Monday I will contact the provider but maybe it's a know NC-issue?

Thnx!!
13 years ago
Problem solved! It appeared to be necessary to delete the website at my provider, enable .Net 4.0 and create the website again.

Nothing to do with NC. Just .Net framework stuff at provider.

Thnx.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.