nopCommerce not in compliance with EU GDPR Cookie law?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Firstly, in terms of a cookie notice; simply displaying a consent popup stating that you use cookies isn't enough. The website visitor should have the option to allow or disallow different categories of cookies based upon their preferences, such as functional cookies, marketing cookies, analytical cookies etc.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I've just created a work item

[email protected] wrote:
Secondly, there should be automated ways of removing personal data after a set period of time in accordance with the website owner's privacy policy i.e. if the privacy policy states you will keep customer order history for a period of 3 years after which it will be anonymised, then this is what you must legally do! The same goes for inactive customer accounts, guest users and so on.

And here is the second work item. Thanks again for your suggestion
2 years ago
Hi! Andrei, is it something what you plan add in 4.60 version? or maybe it's possible some fix / update is add also to 4.40?
2 years ago
hi everyone, I am not a lawyer, but, I think the missing part of the GDPR is the cookies descriptions as the european union official website stablish: https://european-union.europa.eu/cookies_en

Type of cookie and his use for example:

1. Visitor preferences
These are set by us and only we can read them. They remember:

if you have agreed to (or refused) this site’s cookie policy
if you have already replied to our survey pop-up (about how helpful the site content was) – so you will not be asked again.
Visitor preferences cookies are:

Name: eu_cookie_consent

Services: Cookie consent kit

Purpose: Stores your cookie preferences (so you will not be asked again)

Cookie type and duration: First-party session cookie deleted after you quit your browser

I hope this is helpful
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.