Why deoplyment of nopCommerce is not that easy?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I'm having problem with uploading or let's say deployment on NopCommerce. I tried it on server while VS is installed. then I tired to rebuild is locally and upload it but still having problems.

Why we don't have such a page as instructions on how to upload modified code on server?

Currently I'm getting

Could not load file or assembly '__NopCommerceStore' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. 

This happned after I locally compiled the project and uploaded nopcommercestore.dll I even restored the back up but yet same issue on server !!!!!

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
13 years ago
how i've been updating my sites is via ftp

I build the solution
copy over all 'bin' files that have been modified, usually only the NopCommerceStore.dll and NopCommerceStore.pdb
copy over the code files that have been modified

the iss server should restart when it detects that files have changed, if it hasn't, you might need to manually restart your website to recognize the changes.

I get the error you recieved when i don't move over both the code files i've changed and the dll/pdb files.
13 years ago
Yes, I learned that too. I used to go with a different approach that I would enter IIS path and etc but that was not easy. Now I'm uploading whatever is under /publish folder.

Thanks.
13 years ago
rsavra wrote:
I'm having problem with uploading or let's say deployment on NopCommerce. I tried it on server while VS is installed. then I tired to rebuild is locally and upload it but still having problems.

Why we don't have such a page as instructions on how to upload modified code on server?

Currently I'm getting

Could not load file or assembly '__NopCommerceStore' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. 

This happned after I locally compiled the project and uploaded nopcommercestore.dll I even restored the back up but yet same issue on server !!!!!

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Your error is caused by renaming the old NopCommerceStore.dll assembly to __NopCommerceStore.dll. If you want to keep an old assembly in the bin folder, add an extension to it; for example, rename NopCommerceStore.dll to NopCommerceStore.dll.old

13 years ago
I see! good point. I thought renaming the name would be enough so I have to change the extension instead.

Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.