HomePageText missing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
My 'HomePageText' editing page is blank so I now cannot edit this page.

When I look at my website, the information that was previously on 'HomePageText', is still there.

So, where would the file for this page be?

I have looked through every single file at my hosting company and can not find the one that still holds
the original information.

I need to edit my HomePageText because I want to remove a banner I added to it.

This is now causing me major headaches.

Please help someone!

www.wargamesandminiatures.com/nopcommerce
13 years ago
Go to Admin area > Content Management > Topics. Go to 'HomePageText' topic and edit it
13 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Go to Admin area > Content Management > Topics. Go to 'HomePageText' topic and edit it

Thanks for the reply a.m.

Problem is beyond that....

The 'Home Page Text' topic is totally blank and no fields, nothing.
13 years ago
Are you using firefox to go to the admin area? I noticed you have flash on the homepage and firefox doesnt show it well when flash is placed. I didnt have that issue when using internet explorer 8. In nop 1.9 this issue is fixed by the way
13 years ago
InfoTCQ wrote:
Are you using firefox to go to the admin area? I noticed you have flash on the homepage and firefox doesnt show it well when flash is placed. I didnt have that issue when using internet explorer 8. In nop 1.9 this issue is fixed by the way

Hi TCQ
I am and have always used Chrome, not been a problem before.
I also using nopcommerce v1.6.

Do you think if I downloaded a newer version say v1.9 the software would update?

Having asked that, I would hope that all my inputted information... products, manufacturers, customers would still be there.
I don't want to overwrite and be left to put everything back in again.

Even if I did upgrade, I think I would possibly have the same problem. However, it's the editing page I want back.

The edit top page has disappeared for 'HomePageText'
13 years ago
wargames wrote:

Hi TCQ
I am and have always used Chrome, not been a problem before.
I also using nopcommerce v1.6.

Do you think if I downloaded a newer version say v1.9 the software would update?

Having asked that, I would hope that all my inputted information... products, manufacturers, customers would still be there.
I don't want to overwrite and be left to put everything back in again.

Even if I did upgrade, I think I would possibly have the same problem. However, it's the editing page I want back.

The edit top page has disappeared for 'HomePageText'

Forgot to say.... obviously I need the editing page back. When I do get it back somehow, it will allow me to delete the flash banner I added yesterday. I will keep clear of using them.

Just want the edit page back for now.
13 years ago
WAYHAY!!!!!!

I've done it!

I managed to get into my database at GoDaddy and found table TopicLocalized

This was what I was looking for. Went to edit 'HomePageText'

Scrolled through all that I had entered and found what I think was the offending Flash Banner script and deleted that particular script.

Then checked my website through Public Store and great news... flash banner gone.

Next was to see if the Edit Topic page was there for 'HomePageText'

Relief!!! It was back!!  I can now edit this topic.

All done thank goodness.

No flash banners for me from now on!

Although the people who offered assistance didn't point me in the right direction, I'd like to thank them anyway for trying.

End of problem.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.