Database backup error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
My first nopCom site has just gone live and all works peachy so far with one small exception.

When I hit the Backup Database button in Admin>Maintenance I get the following error message:
Cannot open backup device 'C:\HostingSpaces\SITEURL\wwwroot\Administration\backups\database_2011-02-20-13-19-13_5827.bak'. Operating system error 3(failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 15105). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

Initially I thought that it was a permissions error but I've checked and NETWORK SERVICE has both read and write permissions enabled.

These are the main site settings:
nopCommerce version:   1.90
Operating system:   Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0
ASP.NET info:   v4.0.30319
Is full trust level:   True

Does anyone have any ideas what else might be causing the error at all?

(I can initiate database backups from my hosting control panel but it's much simpler and more accessible to use the feature from within the main site Admin area, it's also something that worked perfectly on my local development machine).

Thanks in advance - Sylver
13 years ago
Hi Sylver,
You said that you already set permission for the folder for NETWORK SERVICE but you also need for the administration\backups folder to have read/write permissions for the yourdomain.com name. Is that set for write as well?...jeff
13 years ago
Hi jnet

I've double checked and both the site URL and NETWORK SERVICE both have read and write permissions to the backup directory.
Any other ideas at all please?

Thanks
13 years ago
Sorry to top this, but does anyone have any other ideas please?

I'm hoping to hand off the site to the user, get payment and then make a donation to the nopC team, but I'd prefer to give the client an easy to use backup system rather than getting them into using myLittleSQLAdmin (or whatever it's called).

Thanks!
12 years ago
Hi,

I have the same problem, anyone reached a solution???

I have installed the NopCommerce 1.9.

Upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6, then to 1.7...so on.. till 1.9.

Thanks,
Manuel Seromenho
12 years ago
I got this error too and realized that users were still using the database. Everyone should be out of admin and out of the store for back up.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.