can't import language_8.xml to add language pack for 1.9

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
After I download "configuration>location>languages" langauge pack for 1.9 and try to import language_8.xml running NOP locally using WebMatrix...

i tryed also Spanish - the same problem. so it's not because of exact language pack...

it's trying to load this file for about 10 minutes and report about error (the same in Firefox and IE):

"Server Error in '/' Application.
Request timed out.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1 "

How to solve it? SOS
it's like wall...
13 years ago
i have cheked "content manager > localization"

there are only 3 pages with new language translation

however in English version there are 32 pages

so it imports only part of translation

also I found similar theme in this forum and changed it properly but it doesn't solved problem

"to fix it, open your web.config and goto the part that looks like this
  <system.web>
    <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="51200" requestValidationMode="2.0"/>

change it to something like this
  <system.web>
    <httpRuntime executionTimeout="180" maxRequestLength="51200" requestValidationMode="2.0"/>"
13 years ago
also when I browse site installed locally it's much more slower then any NOPcommerce site in internet
13 years ago
I had this same issue in NOP 1.8 importing dutch language file. So I used notepad plus to cut the file into 2 seperate files and import these into NOP with succes.
13 years ago
InfoTCQ, thank you, I hope i will fix it today evening

but even if i will fix it i worry that also some other function like import of goods files also will not be avaible since it will take too long time to use notpad plus every time

did you have any other problems with file import?
13 years ago
Big idea.

Works now with splited german language file.

Thank
12 years ago
I have the same problem.

I want to upload the Italian language, but it gives me error: Request timed out.

If I divide the language file in 2 parts , how can I do to do the upload the 2 file?

Many thanks, Fabrizio
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.