Cascading Product Attribute Variant Display In Product Details

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I am developing a web site in nopCommerce. I am facing a small problem while displaying product details page. As per the requirement I have to implement a Cascading Product Attribute Option, but I am not able to implement it with the nopCommerce framework.

Let me explain my problem:

Suppose I have a Jewelery Product called "Long Neck-less". The Type of the Neck-less chain contains the following attribute:

a) Snake chain
b) Ball chain
c) Fine Belcher Chain

Each of the above mentioned attribute have a sets of different values of length.

Ex:

a) Snake chain

1. Length:      
                   i)  16"
                   ii) 18"
                  iii) 20"

b) Ball chain

1. Length:
                  i) 22"
                 ii) 24"
                iii) 26"

c) Fine Belcher Chain

1. Length:      
                 i) 26"
                ii) 28"
               iii) 30"

Now My requirement is, When user view the Product "Long Neck-less" the following attributes are appear in a radio button:
a) Snake chain
b) Ball chain
c) Fine Belcher Chain

Under that I have a Length Drop-down for selecting the length. If user select any of the above mentioned chain type, the Length drop-down will be cascading populated according to the selected Chain Type Length options. So If any user select "Snake chain" the Length drop-down will be populated with 16, 18 and 20, if user select the "Fine Belcher Chain" then the length drop-down will be populated with 26,28 and 30.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.
13 years ago
you could do it programatically or you could create separate product variants for each chain type - alternatively, create separate products
13 years ago
haydie wrote:
you could do it programatically or you could create separate product variants for each chain type

With this option you can show one pic for each type

haydie wrote:
alternatively, create separate products

This is mor appropiate to show dfferent views (pics) of the product
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.