import in nopcommerce database

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello,

I need an urgent solution to import existing customer of a store from a different/old database.

Which tables should be taken into account ?

Thanks.
13 years ago
Nop_Customer
Nop_Address
basicaly
13 years ago
Hello,

I'm glad you gave me comment on that so let me give you some details. I need to synch nopCommerce database (some tables of course) with a DB2 database which is IBM machine.

The problem doesn't end here. Tax and Shipping part will be processed on that end too. Phases I'm see are:

1) Importing customer information (from DB2) in nopCommerce so existing user can login so than they surf and add items to cart.

2) Since tax and shipping calculation will be processed on the main database so I will pass row orders from nopCommerce onto IBM machine. The problem is that online customers will NOT see final pricing till it get synchronized later (with delay).

Now, for those who know nopCommerce DB, what time line can I consider? (ball park)
Also, which tables should I consider to make these changes?

Thank.
13 years ago
I think that you better replicate the DB2 tax and shipping calculation info into NopCommerce DB(proper tax&shippong tables), so nopcommerce then can do the calculation and show result to the online users.
13 years ago
How about fields  e.g. CustomerGUID or SalkKey and HashPassword (in Customer table)? how can I import data into them?

For instance CustomerGUID has a value as 5C9914EF0F18BD57B448A6F1A141CC74878B2E71  
and SaltKey has a value as zj4pzUk=

Now that I'm importing data as csv into table what values go into these fields? these field are created during run-time.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.