Associated to product - How this work?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hi,

I spent considerable time trying to understand how the "Associated to product" works.
I can see on documentation that they called it "Grouped products"? Not sure if this is the same as "Associated to product".

And when I set this option, an alert with the following text appears:
"The associated product has required product attributes, so customers won't be able to choose this product attribute value."

So the questions are:
.- "Associated to product" is the same as "Grouped products"? (as I cannot find "Associated to product" in the documentation)
.- That alert that I am having, is because I am missing something?
.- How does "Associated to product" works on the front end?

I understand that this might lead to a very simple question, but I am struggling understanding this, hopefully someone could clarify me.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Néstor
3 years ago
To understand it better, click the links at the bottom of the grouped product docs
https://docs.nopcommerce.com/en/running-your-store/catalog/products/grouped-products-variants.html

In summary:

A Grouped product is a 'header' product for variants. (you can only purchase the variants).

Bundling uses “Associated to product” which is an "Attribute value type".  Bundling allows for  products to be automatically included.  (And a product can have many attributes that each have associated products.)

So, the error is somewhat obvious:
"The associated product has required product attributes, so customers won't be able to choose this product attribute value."
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.