The team has done a fantastic job in general, the shop is rich in features, I only had to extend localization features a bit for tags, shipping methods, payment methods, sitemap and SEO friendly urls. Unfortunately, I would not recommend nop commerce to anyone yet. If only I had not invested so much time to set it up and customize for localization, I would definately go for another platform myself. There is most probably a high churn rate, customers fleeing away from the product, due to the performance issues.

Personal opinion:
I hate to bring this up again, but such a condition requires immediate attention. Operational issues, such as performance, should be no 1 priority for the team, even if they bring delay to the launch of newer versions. This is a matter of professional customer-centric attitute, an attitute that needs to exist or be developed in order to produce software that will survive in the field, and people will be happy to use and eventually pay or contribute for it.
I feel very in-secure knowing that I face an operational issue and the team seems to look away.