Nop 4.20, fluentValidation update to AddressValidator.cs. Chaining of .When() & others not called.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hi,

I have a edited a fluent validation rulefor within Validators/Common/AddressValidator.cs.

I changed the base nop code from:

if (addressSettings.ZipPostalCodeRequired && addressSettings.ZipPostalCodeEnabled)
            {
                RuleFor(x => x.ZipPostalCode).NotEmpty().WithMessage(localizationService.GetResource("Account.Fields.ZipPostalCode.Required"));
            }

To:

if (addressSettings.ZipPostalCodeRequired && addressSettings.ZipPostalCodeEnabled)
            {
                RuleFor(x => x.ZipPostalCode).NotEmpty().WithMessage(localizationService.GetResource("Account.Fields.ZipPostalCode.Required")).When(x=>x.ZipPostalCodeRequired);
            }

By adding
 .When(x=>x.ZipPostalCodeRequired); 
as described on your documentation HERE.

This results in no validation, even though the condition is met. I've tried all fluent validation validators chaining from .NotEmpty() and none of them work.

Is this a bug?
3 years ago
Went with server side validation, I found that you can only use a few Validators as client-side, via the fluentvalidation docs.
3 years ago
Yes when validation work on server side. bcz its dynamic validation condition so
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.