Session fails in each 30-60 minutes for every user including Admin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Okay, and how to do that, should i contact my hosting provider as i'm using shared hosting of arvixe..??
13 years ago
drop they a lines asking change the amount of timeout on the IIS
13 years ago
Hi richardrcruzc, how did you find out if this is IIS problem?

I would like to know so I can take a look at my website also. Thanks.
13 years ago
http://forums.asp.net/t/1283350.aspx
13 years ago
Thanks! I will take a look at the forum.
13 years ago
This can be fixed by changing the way session state is handled.   By default, the sessionstate mode for Nop is set to InProc, which is dependant on the applications worker process staying alive and the application pool not recycling.  So either modify in IIS when the application pool recycles etc. or change the sessionstate mode to StateServer in the web.config.

In theory this would be a good fix, however, i'm not entirely sure if Nop is set up to be compatible with StateServer as all session objects would have to be serializable in order to be stored in StateServer.

Note:  The StateServer service also needs to be installed and running, which is likely is, since it is installed with ASP.NET and the .NET framework.
13 years ago
My hosting provider set application pool memory limit to 100 mb. Nopcommerce use about 100 mb and application pool recycles very often. I've set sessionstate mode = sqlserver but it drops auth still and user have to login again. There are many posts on this forum with suggestions to store session in sql server and I can answer to them that this is not a solution
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.