Error: allowDefinition='MachineToApplication'

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hey guys,

I'm very excited about using nopCommerce, but I can't seem to get it setup and working on my local box. I've downloaded the RAR file and moved all the files under the "/storefront" folder on a test site. But when I try to build the project, it gives me the following:

Error  95: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.  J:\TestEcommerceSite\storefront\web.config

My target is first to get the site running on my local machine, and then on a site I'm hosting with GoDaddy. All of the solutions I've seen so far have you creating a virtual directory in the IIS Manager, however, I don't believe I have access to the IIS Manager (or at least I don't know where to find it).

I'm using Visual Studio 2008 running Win7.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Tyler
13 years ago
hi tyler,

since v1.7 nopCommerce is built using VS2010 using .NET 4.0 framework so it won't work with VS2008

see here for more info :
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/8011/documentation-screencasts.aspx

- Hayden
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.