service unavailable 503 code

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I have siteuptime testing the the men's cat page of my site. It checks every 2 minutes. So far this month it shows no downtime at all. My client says he went to the site after posting a special on their facebook page. He said he got a service unavailable error message. He is not computer literate so I doubt he could make up a correct error message. So I wonder if the custom error messages could be handling this error and reporting back to siteuptime a false positive?? I would not think so but I think it is odd that he reported such a specific error message. How can I test or verify this?
13 years ago
Ok so more info on this. This client has a very active facebook page. When they post a link to a new blog the site goes down as the new traffic checks out the blog. The blogs can be long and have images. An example is:

http://www.hvtmerch.com/blog/35-hvt-4-year-anniversary-party.aspx

Anyone have an idea on how I can performance tune the blog to keep it from crashing the site? Is this something I should visit with the host about?

I am on v1.8 and hosted with discountasp.net.

Robert
13 years ago
Nothing? I have foudn that the images in the blog are large. Too large so Iam resizing. The host says the site is not tuned properly and has exceded the 200 mb allowed for memory.

Will resizign the images have much impact on the 200mb? The blog images are not in the databse so not sure if that willl help.

Anyone?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.