using variables in payment description.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi all

Is it possible to use variables in the payment description, so that i can ask customers to pay amount x on my bank account with in the message the order number.

Any idea?
13 years ago
Yes that is what you do - I used the Cash On Delivery Payment method and made the Description "Direct Deposit to Our bank" put the info and instructions in the payment description. Thats the best you can do - you have the details you told them. No need to record their bank acount details as the customer has to do it. No automatic way to make them pay or streamline the process.

Here is the text I used in my Payment Method config.

Payment via Direct Deposit

You have elected to make payment via direct deposit to our bank account. (See terms and conditions).

Our bank account details
Bank: XXXX
Branch: XXXX
BSB: 999 999
Account: 999 999 999

Please deposit the total order amount to the above account via internet banking.

Please make sure you record the order number displayed in your account as the reference number within your internet banking payment screen.

Once you make a payment it will take up to 48 hours for the payment to be checked and approved. After this period you should return to the Reign Records website to check the progress of you order and the confirmed delivery date for your purchase.

If your payment is not confirmed you will recieve an email notifying you. If your payment is rejected, please check the status of your Account and remake payment.
13 years ago
Thanks for your reply.

Although it is possible to have a general message displayed, i wanted to display it more specific.

From a usability point of view i believe it would be better to say "Deposit 120 € to out bank account.  Include 'order 514' as description."

Is that in any way possible?
13 years ago
yes you would need to modify the code to do that but problem is that those values are not known at this point.
Dont know full price till after selected payment type and dont know order number yet till order created after confirm.
A
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.