Topics - Free Form Content Implementation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I purchased the documentation and the section on Topics does not explain how to get the topics to appear as links in either header or into a footer menu. Its easy enough to create a topic but how do we display it? Whats the URL to the page? Some clarity on how to implement a topic page such as Shipping Info is what I am after. Any help?

What would be practical is to have an info box for the sidebar that contains links to the topic pages like a menu. This is rather an unintuitive term for a custom pages since "topics" are generally used in forums.
13 years ago
Then how about this question. When I create a NEW topic how do I get it to show up in the InfoBlock Menu?
13 years ago
Hi,

when you create a topic, the store automatically generates a url.
to place it in the infoblock control, you need to copy that link and place it in the infoblock.ascx control

see  the videos
     adding a new topic page (using Visual Studio)
     adding a topic via admin
here :
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/8011/getting-started-faqs-documentation-screencasts.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.