Upgrade database of nopcommerce 1.8 to 1.9

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello there..

I am using nopCommerce 1.8 and i have developed my website using 1.8.
Name of the website is Justlinen.com, now what i want to do is i want to upgrade my site from version 1.8 to 1.9.
There is a lot more data stored in my database,so i don't want to re-insert data again,so is there any way to upgrade my 1.8 database to 1.9 database without losing data...

I have seen the database structure of nopcommerce 1.9 and i saw some changes in it..So please help me to achieve this.

Do needful..
Thanking you..
13 years ago
Take a backup of your site files, database and image files before you do anything to upgrade!!!!

The following worked just fine for me with no problem at all, but I take no responsibility if you get any issues

Once you have a backup safely stored on your machine, just download the 1.9 version from here and unzip it on your machine.
Upload the new files to your host, overwriting the old ones and then navigate to the site in a browser.
An upgrade wizard will automatically take over the install process after detecting that your database already has valid information in there and upgrade the database to support the latest version. This is why you MUST backup before you do this just in-case anything goes wrong, you can roll-back to the old version :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.