Upgrade working site from 1.5 to 1.9

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi all,

I have a fully functioning site running on version 1.5, I now need to upgrade this to version 1.9 to make use of some new features.

Can some help or point me in the right direction for upgrading please as I dont want to loose any current information

Thanks
lee
13 years ago
1) Make a complete backup of your current running website (all the files + database) so that if you mess up something while upgrading it, atleast you'll have the backup.

2) The best way to upgrade is to go step by step: 1.5 to 1.6 then 1.6 t0 1.7...and so on till 1.9

3) you can either upgrade using install.aspx page or run the upgrade script which is in the install folder against your database.

4) after the database upgrade, copy the current ConnectionString.config file and paste it somewhere in a safe place. Then delete the current files and folders

5) Upload new 1.9version files and folders on your server and now replace the connectionString.config file of 1.9v with the one saved as a backup.

6) That's it > run the website

For more information, watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBjv4aHQeNE
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.