A rookie seeking help.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I have downloaded and changed nopcommerce to fit my needs. I have changed it locally. Now i want to put it on the web. i have succesfully installed it and made the vissual changes. Now i want to replace the database that comes with the nopcommerce install, with the one i have localy.

How can i do that. I normaly use classic ASP and access. so getting passed that way of thinking takes a bit of time. Is it possible to take my nopcommerce.MDf and put it in a folder on my domain and ref. to it through connectionstrings.config.

or is it possible to populate the existing database with the old one. And if so how do i do that. Im totally green when it comes to SQL. My host uses "myLittleAdmin for SQL Server 2005 and 2008" but they only support the 2005 version.

i have tried to change the DB to a single SQL file, i had hoped i could import that somehow. the file is approx 80 mb. so it aint huge.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Sincereliy Michael

The site can be seen here (temp site) http://105352.testdom.dk/
13 years ago
1) Install SQL Server Management Studio

2) Connect to the hosting server where you want to host your website / database

3) Create sql script of the database that you have on your local machine

4) Create a new blank database on your hosting server with the help of SQL Server Management Studio

5) Run the generated script against the new database you just created on your server.

Now your local database has been installed on your server.

Just change the connectionStriing according to your server and run the website after you transfer all your files and folder of nopCommerce on your hosting server.

P.S. You can easily transfer files and folders on your hosting server using Filezilla.
13 years ago
Thanks for the swift respons. now i have installed the program in question, and connected to my server, so far easy. How do i run the script i have saved :-).

Thx for taking the time

Sincerely Michael
13 years ago
I am assuming that you generated a .sql script of your database like this: http://www.strivingprogrammers.com/articles/6-generating-ms-sql-database-script-with-data-using-sql-server-management-studio-2008.aspx

Once you have the .sql script.

Open the .sql in a notepad

Like I mentioned above > create a new blank database on your server using SQL Server Management Studio

Now right click on that database > select "New Query"

copy the sql script from the notepad and paster it in the Query Winow

On the toolbar you will see "! Execute" > press the "! Execute" button to run the query.

That's it > your database on the server is ready to use.
13 years ago
Hi again :-)

I have tried several yimes to run the script, niw i have got it running wit h no errors in SQL server management. But now i have an error when i try to acces the website. The error is as follows.

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invalid object name 'dbo.Nop_Manufacturer'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.Nop_Manufacturer'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'dbo.Nop_Manufacturer'.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +2030802
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +5009584
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +234
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2275
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +86
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +311
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +987
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
   System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +10
   System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior) +443

[EntityCommandExecutionException: An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details.]
   System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior) +479
   System.Data.Objects.Internal.ObjectQueryExecutionPlan.Execute(ObjectContext context, ObjectParameterCollection parameterValues) +736
   System.Data.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.GetResults(Nullable`1 forMergeOption) +149
   System.Data.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<T>.GetEnumerator() +44
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +315
   System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +58
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Manufacturers.ManufacturerService.GetAllManufacturers(Boolean showHidden) in F:\etc\nopCommerce_1.90_Source\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Manufacturers\ManufacturerService.cs:115
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Manufacturers.ManufacturerService.GetAllManufacturers() in F:\etc\nopCommerce_1.90_Source\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Manufacturers\ManufacturerService.cs:92
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.ManufacturerNavigation.BindData() in F:\etc\nopCommerce_1.90_Source\NopCommerceStore\Modules\ManufacturerNavigation.ascx.cs:44
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.ManufacturerNavigation.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\etc\nopCommerce_1.90_Source\NopCommerceStore\Modules\ManufacturerNavigation.ascx.cs:39
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +146
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

i have absolutely no clue what that means. :-)
13 years ago
Hi again :-)

I have spend so much time on it now, that its faster just to start filling the items in the database, im lucky it aint 5000 items :-)

thx for your time, im sure it works, i just cant figure it out, maybe later i will

Take care

sincerely Michael
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.