Installation Error with NopCommerce onto Godaddy Hosting

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I am a hoping that someone can help me with this installation.  
This is my error message after uploading via FTP the Nopcommerce download to my files on the server.
I created my MSQL Database.  

This is error message I get online.  When I tried the what happens:

http://www.bigfunballoons.com/nopcommercestore/nopcommercestore/install/install.aspx

HELP!!!!

Server Error in '/' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 34:       </assemblies>
Line 35:     </compilation>
Line 36:     <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 37:       <forms name="NOPCOMMERCE.AUTH" loginUrl="~/login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="43200" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" defaultUrl="~/default.aspx" enableCrossAppRedirects="false"/>
Line 38:     </authentication>

Source File: D:\hosting\6954255\html\nopcommercestore\nopcommercestore\web.config    Line: 36

Show Additional Configuration Errors:

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\hosting\6954255\html\nopcommercestore\nopcommercestore\web.config line 39)

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\hosting\6954255\html\nopcommercestore\nopcommercestore\web.config line 43)

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\hosting\6954255\html\nopcommercestore\nopcommercestore\web.config line 48)

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\hosting\6954255\html\nopcommercestore\nopcommercestore\web.config line 53)

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\hosting\6954255\html\nopcommercestore\nopcommercestore\web.config line 54)

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4206; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016
13 years ago
Hi ...

Configure to .net 4.0, actually your solution is 2.0.

Another thing, I realized that is not using the nop in the root, you'll need to create
a virtual app into panel of your host, starting in nopcommercestore.
13 years ago
Thank you for responding.

I still am not clear.  I understand you to be telling me to go into my  IIS Management folder
and change the ASP.Net Runtime Version to 2.0.   It is already at that setting.  

Some else told me that I may need to setup the IIS Setting.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you....
13 years ago
no no ... 2.0 is wrong, setup to 4.0.

Look at the bottom of the error

Actually:
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4206; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016

Correct:
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.x; ASP.NET Version:4.0.x

sorry bad English, it's not my native language.
13 years ago
Okay!

I just changed the language.  It says allow 24 hours.   Will it take that long?

Thanks for the support....
13 years ago
24hrs !!! So they process manually, in my host in Brazil is instantaneous.
13 years ago
It's changed, now the framework version is correct. You have to create the virtual app now starting at nopcommercestore directory.

*paths noticed you upload the entire solution, only the directory with its subdirectories nopcommercestore is required.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.