How to distinguish few items from rest of the products?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
How can I distinguish a product from other item in noC?  let's assume I have a items A, B, C ... Z, and want to apply a different calculation to them. This way I can apply a different calculation for A,B and C.

Can somebody give me some hints?

Thanks.
13 years ago
What kind of different calculations you're talking about ?

Please be more specific and provide detailed information of what exactly you're trying to accomplish.
13 years ago
My client sells items which has to be calculated per foot not per item.
Imagine item A is per foot and cost $11.74, now this item goes around a door with size of 12 1/2 x 45 7/8

so I need to follow a formula so I need to distinguish this item from an item like book which is per item. I need to know:

how to change its unit from per item to per foot.
also, where in the code can I detect this is a different item and apply a different calculation in check out.

This is my case. Any help?

Thanks.
13 years ago
Since your products are little different and nopCommerce by default doesn't provide this feature of calculating price on bases of dimensions.

If you are familiar with nopCommerce model, then you can make modification in the project itself to handle these kind of products.

If you don't want to go that much into the coding then I would recommend you to make a small price calculator.

Make the product as "Customer enters price"

Now by using java code you can create a price calculator and place the java code on the click event of a button which will sit on the product page.

Now ask the customer to type/enter the dimensions and by using java code, do the calculations and display the price as the final price.

Now put a message there something like " Please use this price for checkout"

Now customer will enter that price since you made the product as "Customer enters price:"

That's the  fastest and less complex way to accomplish what you're trying to do.
13 years ago
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Now, which module should I use to make this happen?
which file is handling calculation?

Regards
13 years ago
Like I mentioned above this is the fastest and less complex method. You don't have to make any changes in the existing code or module.

Just add an additional aspx page in your project and do the calculations using java code / script > link the aspx page with a click event of button that will sit on the product page > that's it.
13 years ago
I understand your point but I need to apply calculation results in a check out. Right?

Let's say I have  item X for $11.74  and customer enters a door size as 10 x 12 and I do the calculation but then I have to add that to the check out or bill.  Now, which module should I work on?

Thanks indeed.
13 years ago
Why you will add that calculated price in the checkout total?

Like I mentioned above > Make the product as "Customer enters price"

By your calculation method, calculate the final price so no need to make any changes in the price later.

Customer will just copy the calculated price and will paste it in the price textbox of the product > then customer can easily add the product in the cart > rest of the part will go smooth just like any other product.
13 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
Since your products are little different and nopCommerce by default doesn't provide this feature of calculating price on bases of dimensions.

If you are familiar with nopCommerce model, then you can make modification in the project itself to handle these kind of products.

If you don't want to go that much into the coding then I would recommend you to make a small price calculator.

Make the product as "Customer enters price"

Now by using java code you can create a price calculator and place the java code on the click event of a button which will sit on the product page.

Now ask the customer to type/enter the dimensions and by using java code, do the calculations and display the price as the final price.

Now put a message there something like " Please use this price for checkout"

Now customer will enter that price since you made the product as "Customer enters price:"

That's the  fastest and less complex way to accomplish what you're trying to do.

Thanks for your reply. OK, you addressed something as:

I'm not really sure what you mean by calculator here. Can you give me some insights?

Also, I'm not sure why customer has to enter his price. The item has its price already all I need is customer to enter door size.

Do you mean that I have to write a calculator ?!

Also, this applies to a percentage of products. Do I need to customize each page one by one? Or there is a way to apply this rule to some products only?

Thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.