Database error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
HI COMMUNITY,

everything works fine with nopcommerce except the the internal backup funktion:

Cannot open backup device '\\s0000008004\ASOS\nopCommerce_1.90_Source\NopCommerceStore\Administration\backups\database_2011-03-11-13-34-43_8890.bak'. Operating system error 5(failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 15105). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

i googled and tried to search in this forum and no solution.

my system:
nopCommerce version:     1.90
Operating system:   Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
ASP.NET info:   v4.0.30319
Is full trust level:   True
Server time zone:   
Server local time:   Friday, March 11, 2011 1:36:36 PM
Greenwich mean time (GMT/UTC):   Friday, March 11, 2011 11:36:36 AM

the shop and the sql2008 server on the same computer, i gave the database also full access read write etc, tried to add another user with full rights but still getting this problem also my machine has full admin rights.

i run the nopCommerce_1.90_Source and compile it with vs2010(v10.0.30319.1) their are also no errors or warnings, it runs on a localhost.

anybody with the same problem or a solution ;))

thank u very much

greetings

fritzpa

do u need more information about the running system?
12 years ago
I am running nop V1.19 with SQL Authentication as opposed to Windows Authentication, using SQLEXPRESS
I believe the proble is because the SQL Server User does not have write permission to the backup folder.

The backup folder is C:\inetpub\NopCommerce\Administration\backups
The SQL User is SQLServerMSSQLUser$[DATABASENAME]$SQLEXPRESS

Add write permission for this folder for this user and try again.
[C:\inetpub\NopCommerce\Administration\backups]==>properties==>security==>edit==>add==>advanced==>[find now]==>"look for *MSSQLUser*"

Regards
Steve
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.