Question for Plugin Developers and Licenses

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hi, and hoping someone might be able to help/steer me in the right direction?

I'm looking at licensing my plugins, but I'm a little stuck on local installs (e.g. localhost).

I can create the license key no problems, using either the domain, or url, plus a private key, and salt.

For instance this:
Encrypt(siteUrl, productKey, saltkey)

Would give me this key: R4GxXbnj7IeWbCh81/flOfMLTG15K8YzoieqKZwbq1+bLv2SvIp4vQ==

I can then decrypt that key, which would give me the domain/url, which I can then validate with no problems.

The issue I have, is I can't validate if the site is running on localhost (I can of course check if local) - So, can this be done, or do I only allow for them to be validated on a live server? I don't want to have to 'phone home' if I can get away with it.

Thanks in advance,
Craig
3 years ago
RE: "I can't validate if the site is running on localhost"
Why not?
That's what we do.  For testing, we issue licenses for localhost.
3 years ago
Thank for replying :)

Do you issue two separate licences, or just allow the plugin to run with full functionality on localhost?

Craig
3 years ago
Licenses are purchased our site per URL (or Domain) for production on.  We manually generate other licenses on request at no charge and email them:
- localhost
- for pre-sales testing on a production URL  (2-3 weeks expiration)
- during and after sales; for dev / testing / QA  (no expiration if it's obvious that the URL is a test site; e.g. IP addresses, test.mysite.com,  somename.azurewebsites.net, etc.)
3 years ago
Can any one  help me, how to customize add product form.
for examples -  add new elements and disable non required fields.
3 years ago
@100rabh
Please post a new topic (Your question is not related to this topic).  In your new topic, indicate what version of nopCommerce you are using and whether you are a developer.  Also clarify further what you are trying do (ie. trying to limit what fields the store administrator can see / edit?)
3 years ago
New York wrote:
Licenses are purchased our site per URL (or Domain) for production on.  We manually generate other licenses on request at no charge and email them:
- localhost
- for pre-sales testing on a production URL  (2-3 weeks expiration)
- during and after sales; for dev / testing / QA  (no expiration if it's obvious that the URL is a test site; e.g. IP addresses, test.mysite.com,  somename.azurewebsites.net, etc.)

Thanks @New York that's given me some things to consider :)
3 years ago
Hi,

I am working on creating a plugin which has a overriding view from the Nop.web/views folder. But i found that the view which i am trying to overriding has been already overridden by one of the installed plugin (i need this plugin installed my any means). So now, i am trying to override the same view(but its in a different name and divided into partial views in the other plugin) from the already installed plugin and in order to override i need to invoke the Model class from that installed plugin.

So now, i am referring the assembly  of installed plugin in my custom plugin and using custom view engine i am overriding the view that i wanted.

So now my question is, is it a correct approach to refer the assembly of one of the already installed view and override one of its view.

Thanks
3 years ago
@lsundaram
Please post a new topic (Your question is not related to this topic).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.