License Key Manager

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
Hello!

Recently I started to develop an online store for software, more precisely license keys for software.

Quite quickly I came across the option for "Downloadable products" - where you can add license keys. Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide individualized or different license keys (each customer would receive the same license key).  

My question: Do you have any ideas how to do this or if there is a suitable plugin for the current version 4.40? While searching for it I came across an older post "https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/25607/license-key-plugin" - unfortunately this plugin is only available for older versions.

Would be very happy about your help!
2 years ago
I'm not sure if there is an updated plugin available.  Typically software vendors create their own.  For example, what we do: When the order goes to status = Paid (handle the event), the site automatically generates a license file which is put in the customer's account "downloadable files".
2 years ago
Thanks for your answer!

I have had a look at the database of nopCommerce. Under "Download" and "OrderItem" the license key file is stored. Based on these tables and addition of a new table, I would implement this as follows:
1. a table is created which contains the license keys.
2. if the payment is successful, this license key is read from the table and inserted into the already existing table "Download" or "OrderItem" under license keyID.
3. the normal process for downloadable products is continued -> customer can download the software + the license key in the customer portal.

But how exactly can I implement this? What events would I need to retrieve for this? In general I am missing a concrete approach to the implementation - would be very happy about your help!

Kind regards
Stefan
2 years ago
Would you possibly have some sample code for me on how you implement this? Would be extremely nice!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.