Rookie with an installation problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I tried to install nopCommerce on my server following this video.  The files are on the server, and I have created a sql database & a user for it. But when I type the address of install.aspx, it simply doesn't work. It only shows me the source code!

I have my nopCommerce-files in a public_html-folder. Is it the right place for them? What should I do to get my install.aspx work? Please help me, I'm feeling kind of stupid after struggling with this for two days...
13 years ago
Which OS is the server running under or rather which IIS version is on it? If it is XP then you probably have IIS 5.1. With 5.1 you need to create a Virtual Directory and point it to the NopCommerceStore folder. If it is IIS 7.x then create a new Application and point it at the NopCommerceStore folder. Then point your URL to http:\\servername\nopappname\install\install.aspx.
13 years ago
Um... do I dare to tell you, it seems to be running under Linux. Doesn't tell me anything about the version. Is there any hope to get nop work there?
13 years ago
Suvi2208, I am not really familiar with linux enough to assist. I assumed you were running a MS OS with asp.net installed. As far as i know you can get asp.net apps to work on linux with some kind of additional software layer installed but again i am not familiar enough to help. Even if you do get it to work with an older install you would need asp.net 4.0 to run the latest versions starting with NopCommerce 1.7 and up....jeff
13 years ago
Thanks for trying to help, Jeff. I guess I'll just contact their customer support and hope they'll find a way.
Thanks again,
Suvi
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.