Shipping Calculation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem trying to calculate shipping costs.

I am developing a store for a client who wants to ship items across the world.

I have bee given the prices based on location and weight. so for example.

0g to 999g for europe costs say £10
1000g to 4999g for europe costs say £12 etc. etc.

then different costs based other locations and weights.

I am not sure of the best way to set this us. I have created different shipping methods for the locations they have specified. europe, usa, far east and rest of the world.

I then create the shipping rate computation.

What I would like is if country x and weight is between x the cost is x but it seems to calculate based on grams so if a product weights 250g and I have set the overall cost of shipping to be £10 this will multiply based on the number of grams.

is there a way to just say between x and x grams it will cost this instead of calculating per gram?

any help greatly appreciated.
13 years ago
Yep, go to Configuration > All Settings, then around Page 12, set ShippingByWeightAndCountry.CalculatePerWeightUnit to False. You can then assign fixed rates for weight x to y.
13 years ago
Awesome, thanks for this. Nopcommerce has a good nack of hiding things or that may just be me being my usual stupid self.
13 years ago
No problem, I know what you mean though, it took me quite a while to find it myself! :)
13 years ago
do you happen to have a good understanding of calculating shipping costs.

I need to set this store up to ship worldwide.

I have been given all the carriage costs but this has been split into europe, america, far east and rest of world.

the only way I can think to get this to work is to add the shipping methods for the above regions and then do the shipping computation for each contry as to where it is based.

This would mean going through every country and adding the different weights so for 1 country there will be say 10 different costs.

e.g.

austria (europe zone)
0g to 999g £10
1000g to 1999g £12 etc etc.

The weights go upto 32kg

so as you can see I will have to go through each and every country and add all the various weights. Is this the correct way to do this or is there a better way?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
13 years ago
As far as I can see, it's the only way of allowing you to preconfigure shipping rates to seperate countries, yes.  The only alternative would be to sign up to Fedex or UPS or another one of the built-in providers who have systems that do the shipping calculations for you. The way I have my shop set up is I use this method for shipping to UK only, so I have around 10 different weight categories from 1kg to 1000kg then I have it configured to use Fedex for all my international shipping needs.
13 years ago
I thought as much,

I believe they are using fedex though, how would I go about setting this up for all international shipping?

Sorry to bother you again.

Thanks again

Lee
13 years ago
It's a bit of a trial in and of itself, first step is to set yourself up with a fedex developer key, you can get that here: http://fedex.com/us/developer/resources.html

Then you'll need to do some bug-fixing, everything is explained in a thread I made a while back:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/8462/setting-up-and-configuring-fedex-shipping.aspx

Good luck!
13 years ago
Thanks for the response again.

It looks like I am in for some fun.

Lee
13 years ago
It's a pain in the backside frankly, I had to rename my GBP currency in my webstore to UKL to get it to work with fedex, nothing that I can do about it - it's not a shortcoming of nopcommerce in any way either, it's the fact that Fedex don't recognise GBP as a currency code!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.