Where is the sql database I thought I created during the install?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I ran the nopCommerce installation on my local machine and I named my database NopCommerceTest. I confirmed this by finding the name referenced in the ConnectionString.config file. However, I cannot find the database itself anywhere in the installation directory.

How am I supposed to back the up the database if I can't find it? I am wanting to back it up so that I can create a database on my hosting provider and upload the .bak file to it.

Am I missing something here?
13 years ago
Use the administration > System > Maintenance in nopcommerce to back it up into the administration\backup folder or if you have SQL Server 2008 Express edition you can use SQL Management Studio to do your backup.
13 years ago
@magian

the database is not created in your nopcommerce file structure, find it by running SQL server management studio - or connect to it using visual studio ( server explorer )
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.