Disable buy button when not in customer role

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
I would like to be able to disable the buy button for all customer except those in a specific role. This is for a members group where products are available to members only. However, the product should remain visible to the general public.

Any help is appreciated.

I haven't been able to find any information using forum or web search.

Thanks.
2 years ago
There is an Access Control List option called "Public store. Enable shopping cart" is you disable this ACL in the Guest role and Registered role then a customer cannot add items to the shopping cart which is the same as Disable Buy.
Then you can enable this ACL for a Custom role so the customers in that role can buy items
2 years ago
That's great thanks. I should have looked more carefully.

The requirement has since changed in that some products can be purchased my guests and other members only but viewable by guests.
2 years ago
On the product you can limit availability to a customer role via Customer Roles
See https://docs.nopcommerce.com/en/running-your-store/catalog/products/add-products.html
2 years ago
Thanks again. I have those parameters set but they hide the product rather than the buy now button. The aim is to show the product to guest and have them register as a member before they can buy.
2 years ago
There is another ACL called "Public store. Display Prices", that would disable the buy button too.  But it will of course also hide the prices ;)  Otherwise you would need to customize.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.