Discount for free product

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
We would like to give out a discount code to offer a product for free if it is ordered. I do not understand when product (sku) is chosen in the first dropdown what is to go into the second an third. Entering the sku alone does not work.
13 years ago
amiehoff wrote:
We would like to give out a discount code to offer a product for free if it is ordered. I do not understand when product (sku) is chosen in the first dropdown what is to go into the second an third. Entering the sku alone does not work.

I am not sure what you want. Give more details of what you are doing and the version you are using. Only version 1.9 handles discounts (which can be 100%) for items you have in the cart
12 years ago
amiehoff wrote:

i am using nopcommerce 1.9.
I need to have the following types of discounts:

1. Buy Item #1234 for $X.XX and get another Item #1234 for free.
2. Buy Any item from Category X and Receive another item of equal or lesser value from Category X for FREE.
3. Spend $x.xx or above and Item# will automatically be added to your cart

Can we implement such kind of discounts in nopcommerce 1.90.
if we can then how to do it.

Please reply if anybody can help me.

thanks in advance

work.
12 years ago
Would be great to get an answeer on this as I have a company that gives free teacher dvd with 20+ set orders.

Mark
12 years ago
amiehoff wrote:

When product SKU is chosen in the first drop down this enables you to apply this discount only to a single, or several selected products rather than a whole category. The next drop downs are quite separate variables and independent of whatever you select in the first drop down.

For a DVD
Create a new discount - "FREE DVD"

Discount type:  Assigned to product variant (SKU)
Discount requirement:  None (this will make the discount available to everyone who has the correct code)
Discount limitation:  One time per customer
Name:  free dvd
Use percentage:  yes
Discount Percentage:    100
Start date:    25/8/2011
End date:    25/12/2012
Requires coupon code:  yes
Coupon code:  FREE DVD

Go to the chosen DVD product > SKU > discounts tag and tick the FREE DVD box.

Customer needs to order the product and then fill in the correct coupon code which will remove the price from the cart.

I am not aware of any way to limit this by minimum spend though. It would be helpful if there was such an option in the "discount limitation' drop down.

My experience is that if I advertise "free dvd if you spend over £20", people assume that there is a mechanism in place that will ensure compliance and there isn't much abuse. In fact someone could put the free dvd into their shopping cart whether they spend £20 or nothing but I can either send out their purchase without the dvd with a note saying that this was advertised for purchases over £20, or email them inviting them to choose another item to make it up to £20, so there isn't any risk from my point of view.
12 years ago
chandramukut_singh wrote:

1. Buy Item #1234 for $X.XX and get another Item #1234 for free.

I think you may be able to set this up using the "Had purchased one of these product variants" in the second drop down. This gives you an option to fill in another SKU (or the same one?). I haven't tried it but worth messing about with.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.