Default Administrator Password

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I recently purchased a web hosting account with Arvixe to host nopCommerece. I installed nopCommerce using the Microsoft Web App Gallery in the WebsitePanel of Arvixe. Installation was successful. I then added an SQL Database in the WebSitePanel of Arvixe and then ran the following scripts located in the Install/Scripts directory using SQL Server 2008 Management Studio Express running on my local computer connected to the Arvixe SQL Server:

1.) nopCommerce_createDatabase.sql
2.) nopCommerce_createData.sql

I edited the web.config and ConnectionStrings.config to point to the database I created and was able to have my website up and running with default data. In the front page of my store (http://mystore.com/default.aspx), it says the following:

Welcome to our store

Online shopping is the process consumers go through to purchase products or services over the Internet. You can edit this in the admin site.

You can sign in using [email protected] and the password admin. If you have questions, see the Documentation, or post in the Forums at nopCommerce.com

However, when I go to the administration login (http://mystore.com/administration/login.aspx) and enter the following:

E-Mail Address: [email protected]
Password: admin

the system says that login is unsuccessful. How do I login as an administrator so I can do some back-end changes on my site? If the above is not the default email and password for administration, what is?

Thanks in advance.
13 years ago
During the setup in nop 1.8, it gives you the chance to use the default [email protected] and admin as pw. Unless this changed in 1.9 or unless it was changed by the user during setup you should be able to login with that.
13 years ago
Thanks. The default email and password you gave works.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.