Installation directory

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
Sers!

I'm trying to install nopCo into a apache2/ispconfig server.

If I understand it correctly, nopCo needs my url to talk to the included "/wwwroot/" directory.
My installation on the other hand is not looking for a "/wwwroot/index.html" but for a "/web/index.html"

What steps do I have to take to change the directory name to /web/? Will a simple renaming suffice? Or will I have to go the long way and fiddle with Domain DocumentRoot?

Godspeed!
2 years ago
NMND wrote:
My installation on the other hand is not looking for a "/wwwroot/index.html" but for a "/web/index.html"

You wont find index.html it is a .NetCore app
Point the server to the directory wwwroot\WebsiteName

Root directory looks like https://www.selectsystems.com.au/nopcomemrce-v44-directory-structure
2 years ago
I would love to be able to edit my previous post.

Current issue is a 403 (no permission) when I call the domain in my browser.
I set chown -R to the correct user and group for /web/, so it should be readable.
When I throw a standard index.html inside the web folder, it will be read. Means it just doesn't know what file to look for?

EDIT:
my structure is like:
/var/www/domain.tld/web/indexample.html
mind you, my apache2 server is setup for a while and I won't install nginx or try to change the whole structure.

So where should I point it? And I guess you mean that's where I shall point "DocumentRoot"?
2 years ago
So you want to open an .html file  ?
I dont really know how unix works

The standard setup is
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\nopCommerce44\wwwroot
So there is a wwwroot in the default directory for html files which is seperate to the IIS wwwroot

I added a directory in there called web
https://v44demo.selectsystems.com.au/web/index.htm
Which is
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\nopCommerce44\wwwroot\web

Dont know if that helps
2 years ago
I don't think it does. My mentioned .html files are just an example. I just want to get the shop running. I am at the end of the installation and where it says "open the url from the first step" my browser displays a 403 - no permission. I haven't even set up the DB access for the shop yet, as I fail to trigger the installation.

The domain points at the folder into which I unzipped nopCom. (my "/var/www/domain.tld/web" folder.)
If I put a index.html into it, it will be displayed in the browser without issues, so the path is correct.
Here I thought there was an index file inside the wwwroot - which I simply could have required in an index.php.
But as there is no nopIndex file, this is not feasable.

I guess this means the nopCommerce installation is simply not "triggered", resulting in the page displaying a 403? As stated, I made sure I set the correct ownership recursively. I checked twice. The service is running, paths and owning user are setup correctly.

As I don't know anything about .NET, I have the following solutions/explanations in my head:
A) My ISPConfig conflicts with .NET. (I already posted in their forums, waiting for replies.)
B) I need to install a plugin for apache2 to activate .NET.
C) I need to switch a setting in my ISPConfig so it does use .NET and doesn't look for a index.html or index.php.
D) Call the install function via url if there is a way? (like "domain.tld/admin/install.php" or something?)
2 years ago
Did you see this?
https://docs.nopcommerce.com/en/installation-and-upgrading/installing-nopcommerce/installing-on-linux.html

Make sure there is no /App_Data/dataSettings.json file
When this file does not exist it normally triggers an install on windows
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.