Data Access Layer

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I remember the version 1.9 which I used last time uses EF. Is the plan to use EF in the future also? Is there any consideration of using nHibernate or something similar?
13 years ago
nopCommerce 2.00 will use EF Code-First
13 years ago
Thank you.

Do you see any reason why the nHibernate was not a fit?
13 years ago
varghesep wrote:
Do you see any reason why the nHibernate was not a fit?

We'll not support it cecause it'll required additional development efforts. But you'll be able to easily add support for nHibernate (just configure required mappings in Nop.Data project).
12 years ago
Hi AM

You pointed out that it is easy to switch to nhibernate (NH). In addition to modifying the Mappings in the Nop.Data, we need to rewrite the DataProvider.cs, Repository.cs.

The Linq implementation for Entity Framework is different from that of NHibernate. And it is going to have an impact on Nop.Services. We need to rewrite the Services layer, am I correct? However, from an API perspective, they are more or less the same.

What else needs to be done in order to make the Nop 2.0 NH-compliant?

Thanks
12 years ago
No, you have to modify Nop.Data only. Paliktar created a fork on codeplex which supports nHibernate. you can find it here. Hope it'll be very helpfull for all developers who want to move to nHibernate
12 years ago
Hello AM

>Paliktar created a fork on codeplex which supports nHibernate.
I downloaded it but it was released on Jun 1. Is it stable enough to work with when compared with the current status of Nop 2.0, I mean Nop might have come a long way since June 1 ...

>Hope it'll be very helpful for all developers who want to move to nHibernate
No doubts.

What is the expected date of release of final Nop 2.0?

Thx.
12 years ago
cool wrote:
I downloaded it but it was released on Jun 1. Is it stable enough to work with when compared with the current status of Nop 2.0, I mean Nop might have come a long way since June 1 ...

No. It was done before BETA was released. You have to redo paliktar's work on the latest official version (currently it's 2.00 BETA)

cool wrote:
What is the expected date of release of final Nop 2.0?

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/10565/nopcommerce-v200-beta-released.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.