How do I install nopCommerce 4.40.4 on my Windows Server 2012\R2

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
Hello...

I have downloaded the source-code version of nopCommerce 4.40.4.

I have successfully compiled the source code and "published" the files to a "distribution" directory, which I then copied to my server.

I have set up the nopCommerce files on my server as a new site in my IIS 8.5.

I have also installed ASP.NET Core 5.0 Hosting Bundle as per the documentation.

However, with all this accomplished, I cannot initialize the software the way I was able to do under Visual Studio 2019.

I have set the application pool to "non-managed code".

There does not seem to be an entry point for the application that IIS Management recognizes.

How am I supposed to do this without a standard "default" file, which ASP.NET Core no longer supports?  
2 years ago
I found the issue, which was not very obvious from all of the nopCommerce documentation...

Everything I had done so far was correct, except for one thing.  If you are having the same issue here is the answer...

>>> ANSWER
In IIS 8.5 (or above I imagine), after you create your nopCommerce website in IIS, attempting to browse to it will only provide you with a blank, browser screen or an error that will redirect you to a Google items page.

As a result, you must next "Add" your nopCommerce website as an "application".  Once completed, when you then browse to the site, IIS will direct you to the "Install" page.  In earlier version of IIS, you would "Convert" your website to an application, which in this case actually makes more sense.  This newer "Add" function will do the same thing.
<<<

For those of you who are having issues with compiling the latest nopCommerce source code in Visual Studio, please see my post in this section entitled, "nopCommerce 4.40.4 - Cannot Compile Solution Source Code"
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.