Plugin using external dll fails

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
AxelAndersen wrote:
...When installing i first make the plugin output directory to a zip file and install that...

What's in your .zip file?  Are you also including the 3rd party dlls?
2 years ago
AxelAndersen wrote:
Hi

Yes, I have seen that they explicitly references the external DLLs, but why is that necessary?
Why isn't it enough to reference a Nuget Package?

If you want to include nuget packages to the output, ensure you set this option (<CopyLocalLockFileAssemblies>true</CopyLocalLockFileAssemblies>) in a project file. See a sample here.
2 years ago
This StackOverflow answer can help you

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68572832/build-project-without-runtimes-folder-but-included-nuget-packages-in-nopcommerce/68626959#68626959
1 year ago
RomanovM wrote:
Hi

Yes, I have seen that they explicitly references the external DLLs, but why is that necessary?
Why isn't it enough to reference a Nuget Package?

If you want to include nuget packages to the output, ensure you set this option (<CopyLocalLockFileAssemblies>true</CopyLocalLockFileAssemblies>) in a project file. See a sample here.

Hi RomanovM
I use the RestSharp via nuget in one of my plugins. I've activated <CopyLocalLockFileAssemblies>true</CopyLocalLockFileAssemblies> in my plugin and it all works fine in Visual Studio. The problem is as soon as I publish the Code to the server the application will no longer start saying it can't find the RestSharp.
The RestSharp libray is located in the same place on the server as it is locally:  /Plugins/MyPluginName/RestSharp.dll
Do you know if the behaviour is different between including something with nuget than directly as a Framework reference?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.