Tax Reporting

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I live in the state of Washington in the USA.  We have to charge taxes based on about 750 different local cities/areas based on the shipping address.  The good news is washington provides c# code to calculate this.  So I created my own Tax Provider and I'm pretty close to having the right amount of tax work.  

The problem is that usually on a quarterly basis we have to pay the taxes to the state.  On the tax filing form I have to indicate how much tax I collected for each of the 750 areas in the state that I had a financial transaction for.  There is a tax code # that is associated with each area and I would like to:
a) save the tax code with the order somehow, and
b) run a report that would list how much tax I paid for each tax code #

Is there someway to do this today?  Adding data fields seems pretty daunting.

-Matt
13 years ago
Well, I found this about adding data fields:

http://blogs.planetcloud.co.uk/mygreatdiscovery/post/How-to-extend-nopCommerce.aspx

but I would like to know if there isn't something already built in that will allow me to do this in an easier fashion.

-Matt
13 years ago
Got that done for my site!

Also added an option for USPS Insurance.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.