Syntax error in connection string MySQL for Linux

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 years ago
1. nopCommerce version
Found it in 4.50.1 Linux without source, but I think it also for older versions.

2. Expected behavior
Complete the installation without Nginx timeout error.

3. Actual behavior
Filling the install form with the separate fields.
Starting installation and after 1 minute a Nginx Time-Out screen.
122 tables are created,  appSettings.json is filled with a few lines:
{
  "ConnectionStrings": {
    "ConnectionString": "server=localhost;database=nop222;allowuservariables=True;user id=jan;password=7AbgV$aiOps88",
    "DataProvider": "mysql",
    "SQLCommandTimeout": null
  }
}

I think MySQL can not read it and stops there !

"ConnectionString": "server=localhost;database=mydatabase;allowuservariables=True;user id=user;password=mypassword",

MySQL syntax:

Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword;

When I use the complete connection string on the form, installation stops at the same moment and has no connection string in appSettings.

4. Steps to reproduce the problem
Just try to install Linux without source.

5. Any private modifications you made to your nopCommerce
Many changes to the Nginx config files and hoped it got better.
This time from a clean nopCommerce installation, including a clean Ubuntu VPS installation.

6. How long did it take to find this?
4 months, with many days of 20 hours, from which I learned a lot.
Most strange and frustrating thing: Some of the installs finished but never worked completely.
So after 8 years of not getting any work, it is time to earn some money with a shop.
2 years ago
Hi,
I have a partial backup of one of my install attempts of 4.50 with a complete appSettings.json with a correct connection string.   Strange ?????

Is creating appSettings.json the last thing to do to complete the installation?
Is there a workaround for me to avoid restarting the installation form and start the shop, or is there a lot more going on behind the scenes?

Thanks for contributing ideas !
2 years ago
Hi,
There is no bug !

Nginx has a default time of 60 seconds to handle a request.
That was exactly the time that the installation stopped.
I raised the value to 300 seconds and now it finished installation.
The restart was finished.
Then there was a Nginx 502 error.
The nopcommerce450.service is restarting Nginx and after "clearing cache and cookies" I can sell cookies via nopcommerce, if I want to sell those ;-)
2 years ago
Try changing user id=jan;password=7AbgV$aiOps88" to user id=jan;password=7AbgV$aiOps88"; with the semi colon on the end. And I hope this is not a valid account as you shared it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.