Installation Problems

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi I am new to nopCommerce but do have experience in using Prestashop, OSCommerce, Zen and others. I love the look of nopCommerce but am frustrated by the difficulty and lack of instruction in installing nopCommerce.

Is it me or is this the most unfriendly installation process I have ever seen.

Unless I pay for an installation guide there is only sketchy info about how to install. I will pay for one, if I decide to use nopCommerce but I want to set up one test website to try it out first.

I have viewed various youtube videos and read what I can find but very little helps. I downloaded nopCommerce 1.9 with source code.

This consists of 7 folders (libraries/nopcommercestore/payment/promotionproviders/shipping/tax/dependencies) plus nopcommerce.sln.

I am using an existing spare website without an existing ecommerce store as a test site, using a folder called store.

For the past 2 days I have been trying to get this to install with no luck at all.

First of all I uploaded all these files to the server exactly as they are when unzipped.

If I then navigate to http://www.mystore.com/store/install/install.aspx but the page doesn't exist (404 error). I can see the path to this in my files but nothing is there when I navigate to it. I just get The requested URL /store/install/install.aspx was not found on this server.

I decided to delete everything and start again. This time I put the contents of each of the 7 folders all into the store folder but that doesn't work either.

Can someone help by offerring a clear short instruction procedure. Do I upload all 7 folders plus the .sln file to my store folder or not. If I do, why can't I get anything to happen when I navigate to the install.aspx?

Obviously I must be doing something wrong, but have run out of ideas now.

It's a shame that nopCommerce is let down by such poor ducumentation for first time users. It will be a shame if I can't get it to work, and will have to return to Prestashop which has some shortcomings (not many) but does have excellent instructions for new users.

Thanks in Advance

Nick
13 years ago
nicksey wrote:
This consists of 7 folders (libraries/nopcommercestore/payment/promotionproviders/shipping/tax/dependencies) plus nopcommerce.sln.
First of all I uploaded all these files to the server exactly as they are when unzipped.

If I then navigate to http://www.mystore.com/store/install/install.aspx but the page doesn't exist (404 error). I can see the path to this in my files but nothing is there when I navigate to it. I just get The requested URL /store/install/install.aspx was not found on this server.
Nick

Hi Nick, when you install this manually like it looks like you are doing you only need to upload the contents of the nopcommercestore folder to your host site. This is the nop application. The other folders contain the source for the payment, tax, promotion providers, etc. They are there if you need to make changes to them and are included as DLL's in the nopcommercstore\bin subfolder.

Just upload the contents of the nopcommercestore folder into your website root and then assign this folder as an application in IIS on your host. Set the application pool for asp.net 4.0, then try to navigate to the install folder to run install.aspx....jeff
13 years ago
Hi Jeff
That's great, thanks. Just what I needed.
Nick
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.