What are the steps to copy a development site to a production site ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi there,

We decided to go live with only Paypal (since Moneris is problematic in Canada ... still working on that).

The development site is at test.ourdomain.com/SomePath

I want to have the new site on ournewdomain.com directly and still keep the development site.

My question is this :

If I install a new site, with a new database, can I then copy all files found on the test server to the new server and do a full database export from the old one and import it in the new database (and then check any path dependant information that needs to be modified to the new server)

Is that the way to go from development to production with nopCommerce ? How do we go about going into production and still keep the development site ?

Mike probably going to fast for himself :(
13 years ago
yes! you are right, you need to install new nop site and copy all files from dev site, if your hosting provides to create a database you directly copy all the files, create database, modifiy connection string, and inport the dev database to new one, once both are setup, copying files from dev to live is the only solution at the moment..
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.